Suspected, Close Contact or Confirmed COVID-19 Employee Protocol
The following guidance outlines the actions that employees and supervisors must take if they suspect they might have COVID-19, an employee is deemed a close contact of a COVID-19 positive individual or a Citadel employee is diagnosed with COVID-19. These actions are based on current CDC guidance, are intended to protect the health and safety of campus occupants, and are not medical guidance.
If you test positive:
- Regardless of if you are vaccinated or unvaccinated, stay home and contact your supervisor and HR at email@example.com. Supervisors must maintain the confidentiality of the impacted employee and should communicate with HR as appropriate.
- Stay in contact with your primary care physician or go through MUSC or Roper’s virtual care systems for continued care.
- A contact tracer from The Citadel will make contact with you and advise on the appropriate timeframe for you to return to work.
If you are experiencing symptoms:
- Stay home and contact your supervisor and HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact your primary care physician or go through MUSC or Roper’s virtual care systems to schedule a test. We also ask that you remain out of work until you receive your negative results and your symptoms subside.
- The Citadel will coordinate the appropriate timeframe for you to return to work.
If you are deemed a close contact or someone in your household tests positive:
- If you are unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, or have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 3 months, stay home and contact your supervisor and HR at email@example.com.
- If you are fully vaccinated and are not experiencing symptoms, you do not necessarily need to quarantine. Unless otherwise informed by your physician, you may return to work, wear a mask indoors, social distance as appropriate, and continue to monitor symptoms for 14 days.
If you are in proximity of a positive case in your work area or are a secondary contact:
- Based on CDC and DHEC guidance, you may continue to work, but you are encouraged to wear a mask and monitor symptoms daily regardless of if you are vaccinated or unvaccinated.
- Unless advised by a medical professional to do so, you may not need to quarantine or be tested unless symptoms develop.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org