As we plan for the upcoming fall semester, HR wanted to remind everyone about important protocols for suspected, close contact and positive employee COVID-19 cases. In addition, there are various testing and vaccination sites in our area if you or your family members are in need. Ultimately, your health and wellness are extremely important to us and are vital to the success of our campus community and students.
Protocol if you suspect or are positive for COVID-19
- The campus employee COVID-19 protocol can be found here: https://live-the-citadel-today-cloud.pantheonsite.io/from-hr-employee-and-supervisor-protocol/.
- Employees must report COVID positive or close contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can conduct appropriate contact tracing.
COVID testing sites
- As outlined in our protocol, virtual visits to Roper or MUSC can connect you to testing facilities in our area.
- MUSC also has several COVID-19 testing sites that do not require an appointment or doctor’s order.
- DHEC has several free mobile sites and pop up clinics available throughout the state: https://scdhec.gov/covid19/find-covid-19-testing-location.
- A rapid antigen 15 Minute COVID-19 test (shallow nasal swab) is available at Dottie’s Pharmacy at 325 Folly Road, Suite 101 on James Island. The cost is $75 and no appointment is necessary. These tests can only tell if you have an active infection, so you should still monitor for symptoms and PCR testing is still considered the “gold standard” for clinical diagnostic detection by the CDC. Dottie’s also offers PCR testing with a 24-48 hour turnaround for $150.
- All Doctor’s Care locations are offering 15 minute rapid antigen (for those with symptoms or close exposure) and PCR testing. No appointment necessary.
COVID vaccination information
- We continue to strongly encourage employees to get a COVID vaccine.
- Over 75% of our entire employee population are fully vaccinated. Your vaccination status is held in strict confidence and HR utilizes this information if you are deemed a close contact or test positive.
- Vaccinated employees typically do not have to quarantine, but unvaccinated employees will have to quarantine and be out of work if they are in close contact with a positive case.
- If you’ve received the vaccine: We are encouraging reporting through the online form or in Lesesne Gateway that you received a vaccination.
- If you do not plan on getting the vaccination: We do not need any additional information from you, except to remind you that you should be masked indoors when around others.
- If you are in need of assistance in finding a vaccine provider: Please go to this website or give HR a call at 953-6922. We will also be hosting a campus-wide vaccination clinic on August 24th. More details to come.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our campus community healthy!
Assistant Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer