The following is our hurricane Irma update for September 6, 8 p.m.:
The Citadel continues monitoring Hurricane Irma in partnership with state and coastal county emergency operations officials, who are focused on preparations for a potential coastal evacuation and sheltering requirements, should either become necessary.
Citadel Football Game Venue is Moving
The Citadel’s football game against Presbyterian College has been moved to Clinton, S.C. and Bailey Memorial Stadium. Kickoff will be on Saturday (Sept. 9) at noon. Tickets purchased for the game will be honored on Saturday at Presbyterian. Tickets can also be purchased at Bailey Memorial Stadium on the day of the game.
Ticket holders unable to attend Saturday’s game at Presbyterian can have their ticket redeemed for a ticket of equal or lesser value to the Wofford game (Oct. 14) or the Western Carolina game (Nov. 4). Tickets will be redeemed on a “best available & while supplies last” basis. Fans can also donate their tickets to the Junior Bulldog program, which benefits orphanages and foster families in the Lowcountry.
Bailey Memorial Stadium is located in Clinton, SC on the campus of Presbyterian College. For more information on The Citadel football, follow @CitadelFootball or visit CitadelSports.com.
At this time the following campus activities have been postponed on Friday:
- The Citadel Memorial Fund Banquet
- The Citadel Athletic Hall of Fame Banquet
Our next Hurricane Irma update is scheduled for September 7, 10 a.m.
- At that time, The Citadel will announce any further cancellations, closures and cadet actions, including potential evacuation, if those actions are necessary.
- General updates will be provided via email and on the college’s Facebook and Twitter pages, and on the college’s Bulldog Alert homepage.
- Any urgent updates will be delivered via the college’s Bulldog Alert system, as well as through the channels listed above.
- A recorded message will be updated regularly on the DAWG line at (843) 953-3294.