Free tool to build a Citadel-verified resume of achievements
Making the choice to study at The Citadel means specifically deciding to push yourself beyond what the average college requires. It’s a choice to run straight toward hurtles, jumping over each one, achieving your goals along the way.
Sometimes it can be hard to keep a record of your accomplishments – or to easily compile them into a resume.
That’s why The Citadel provides a platform where the college, and you, can make your achievements known, in a professional and comprehensive manner.
It’s called Merit, and it’s used to celebrate the great things you do.
Not only can Merit help you get a job after Commencement; it also sends your achievements to your hometown newspapers – as well as to your family, former teachers, local legislators and more. You can also connect it to your personal social media platforms.
When you enroll at The Citadel, your Merit page is automatically created, though it’s mostly blank. A major key to making the most of your Merit profile is to claim your page and submit your own achievements.
The college creates the achievements for major feats — such as the Dean’s List, Gold Stars, President’s List, Commencement and more — which are automatically added to students’ accounts.
But what makes a Merit profile truly stand out are things like:
- a profile picture
- short biography
- previous work or educational experience
- smaller, personal achievements that you deserve to be recognized for
When you import your own achievement, it’s sent to the college for verification — that way, future employers will know they can trust what they see on your Merit profile.
All achievements — both self-submitted and from the college — are showcased by categories and in chronological order on the Merit profile. It serves as a virtual portfolio, or resume, and can come in handy when applying for jobs or internships.
Amplify your achievements
To sign in, click the link in any email from Merit or follow these steps:
- Go to citadel.meritpages.com; search for your name and click the link to your page.
- Click “Is this you?” under the profile picture.
- Enter your Citadel email address and submit the form.
- Claim your Merit page by clicking on the link in the email you receive.
- Customize your Merit page by adding your picture, job experience, volunteer work and high school education, and be sure to connect your page to your social media accounts.
More information is available on The Citadel’s Merit resource page.
If you have any questions about Merit, please email Zach Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org.