Hurricane Irma Update – Sept. 10
The Citadel is planning to reopen the campus Wednesday; Resumption of campus classes Thursday
- Campus classes and campus events have been canceled through Tuesday, September 12.
- Citadel employees are expected to return to work Wednesday, September 13. Any employees deemed essential for recovery efforts earlier than
- Wednesday will be notified by their supervisors on timing of their return.
- The barracks for the Citadel Corps of Cadets are expected to reopen at 1 p.m. Wednesday. The Corps will conduct a muster formation at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
- Normal class schedules for cadets and the Citadel Graduate College are expected to resume Thursday, September 14.
- Online classes are not included in campus closures, and will continue as scheduled.
The Citadel is aware that some cadets, students, faculty and staff who serve in the National Guard have been recalled in response to Hurricane Irma.
We thank these service members for answering the call, and will work with them to accommodate service requirements.
Remain vigilant and continue to monitor for updates
Although Hurricane Irma currently remains on a track that will not pass directly over Charleston, we still expect heavy rains, localized flooding and other potential severe weather impacts. Please continue to monitor news outlets and The Citadel website for additional updates. Cadets, students, faculty and staff should regularly check email and cell phones for updates. Our next scheduled Hurricane Irma update is planned for tomorrow morning. If necessary, we may provide updated information sooner.
- General updates will be provided via email and on the college’s Facebook and Twitter pages, and on the college’s Bulldog Alert homepage.
- Any urgent updates will be delivered via the college’s Bulldog Alert system, as well as though the channels listed above.
- A recorded message will be updated regularly on the DAWG line at (843) 953-3294.