Cadets and Citadel Family,
This is an announcement about the second phase of the operation to clear cadets’ belongings from the barracks.
Early May, as outlined below, is the time for cadets from 1st, 4th, and 5th Battalions to retrieve their belongings. The schedule is designed to give each cadet two date options to clear their rooms, while limiting the number of people on campus at one time.
We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our daily lives, and no one is being forced to come to campus for this process. This operation is designed to be safe, efficient and flexible to meet the needs of everyone.
Cadets, your top priority continues to be completing your academic requirements successfully.
1st, 4th and 5th Battalion cadets read these instructions carefully
This will be conducted in the safest, most efficient manner possible. Those who participate by coming to campus must strictly follow the safety protocols outlined below.
Cadets who CAN come to campus
Cadets who are sick or who have been exposed to COVID-19 within 14 days of your scheduled arrival day, do not report to campus. Contact your TAC officer for arrangements.
Cadets who are healthy and able to come in person to pack and clear your belongings may report according to the instructions below per company between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., checking in no later than 4 p.m.
- In the interest of maintaining safety for all cadets, faculty and staff, your time on campus will be limited to removing your possessions.
- You should report to The Citadel wearing a cloth mask. Wear the mask any time you are within 6 feet of another person. If you can’t find a mask, you can make one from a T-shirt.
- The scheduled dates for each company are below. If you cannot make it on either of your assigned days, contact your Company TAC for instructions.
Each battalion has the following options:
- May 5 & 7: 5th Bn Staff, S, V
- May 6 & 8: P, PB
- May 11: 1st & 4th Bn Staff, A, N
- May 12: B, O
- May 13: C, R
- May 14: D, T
- May 15: Make-up for 1st & 4th Bns
Cadets from 2nd and 3rd Battalions who could not come in April but had gear packed and temporarily stored in the warehouse MUST return on one of these days during operating hours to retrieve their belongings.
Cadets who CANNOT come to campus
There are several reasons why some cadets cannot come to campus to clear their rooms. Cadets need to discuss and coordinate this with your TAC. Those reasons might include academics, sickness, family obligations, military duty or living far out of state.
- If you cannot come to campus, you can authorize others to retrieve your gear. This is limited to an immediate family member (parent or sibling), another cadet or a host family member. *THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE IF COORDINATED IN ADVANCE WITH YOUR TAC OFFICER.
- Cadets are encouraged to support classmates and cadets close to your hometown who cannot return to campus to clear their rooms.
- Arrangements for shipping belongings can be made for those who live in other countries, or who cannot return after graduating. COORDINATE IN ADVANCE WITH YOUR TAC OFFICER.
- We understand that different cities and states have different restrictions in place. Cadets who live out of state have the option to come but are not required to retrieve your belongings.
- If for any other reason you do not feel comfortable coming in person to retrieve your belongings, contact your TAC officer for arrangements.
Cadets in 5th Battalion need to contact their TACs by 7 p.m., Sunday, May 3 with their intended plan for clearing their room.
Cadets in 1st and 4th Battalions must contact their TACs by 7 p.m., Sunday, May 10.
Remember, communication with your TAC officer is your responsibility and is crucial in completing this timeline-driven mission.
The Citadel is and will continue to adhere to South Carolina state orders/laws. We have an executable plan that is flexible and can meet the needs of everyone.
Watch for additional instructions via email from Lt. Col. Pam Barton and your TAC Officers.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.